I refactored and updated the map, changing zoom factor, angle and adding a beautiful preview of the buildings around you. The same for the map used to retrieve your buildings when you’re at home (now it’s easier find the building and the place you want to).
From today on, until the 14 June (edit: some issue with the stores will delay the oficial release, sorry) all the beta releases will be focused on fixing the features and make the better user experience I can.
I want to give you a seamless experience expecially on the (geo)local multiplayer that could be tricky to use without the right UX.
If you’re a beta user keep your build updated using the PlayStore or the TestFlight.
If you subscribed to the beta program you should have received a mail from me. Reply to that mail to receive you invitation to the Google Play and TestFlight beta programs.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
A beta of WRLDCRAFT with the core functionality enabled, like:
– Full AR sandbox creation, multiplayer and persistent
– Interactive maps to find you plot
– Unlimited plots of land claims (just build and that plot is yours). This will change in the official release so this is my little gift for you.
– Remote “table” AR editing of your plots
– [new] hidden blocks! Usefull to make invisible constructions with portals (coolest thing ever)
Now some caveats.
This is a beta heavily WIP, so:
– performances are not optimized (e.g. on iPhone 6s is slow as hell)
– UI and UX could change anytime and I know that needs to be improved based on your suggestions
– you can buld limitless and claim how many plots of land you want, but it is not guarantee that your hard work will last for ever. The game was internally tested but in case of abuse or severe bugs in the data structure you could loose everything.
– at this stage you have access to limited functionality and features, the goal is finding bugs in the core mechanics and get feedback about UI and UX.