Effective Date: June 21, 2019
Grant of a Limited License to Use the Service
Subject to your agreement and continuing compliance with these Terms of Service and any other relevant Running Pixel’s policies, Running Pixel grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable limited right and license subject to the limitations below to access and use the Service for your own non-commercial entertainment purposes. You agree not to use the Service for any other purpose. The Services are being licensed to you and you hereby acknowledge that no title or ownership in the Services is being transferred or assigned to you.
- You shall not create an Account or access the Service if you are under the age of 13. You shall restrict use by minors, and you will deny access to children under the age of 13. You accept full responsibility for any unauthorized use of the Service by minors. You are responsible for any use of your credit card or other payment instrument by minors.
- You shall not have more than one Account at any given time, sell or give away your Account, create an Account using a false identity or information, or on behalf of someone other than yourself; You shall not use the Service if you have previously been removed by Running Pixel, or previously been banned from playing any Running Pixel’s game.
- You shall use your Account only for non-commercial purposes; You shall not use the Service to advertise, or solicit, or transmit any commercial advertisements, including chain letters, junk or spam e-mail or repetitive messages to anyone;
All terms of this Terms of Service shall commence on the date that you accept this Terms of Service, install or otherwise use any of Running Pixel’s Services and ends on the earlier date of either your disposal of the Services and/or the termination of this Terms of Service by Running Pixel.
Username and Password
During the Account creation process, you may be required to select a password (“Login Information”). You shall not share the Account or the Login Information, nor let anyone else access your account or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your Account. In the event you become aware of or reasonably suspect any breach of security, including without limitation any loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of the Login Information, you must immediately notify Running Pixel and modify your Login Information. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Login Information, and you will be responsible for all uses of the Login Information, including purchases, whether or not authorized by you. You are responsible for anything that happens through your Account.
Running Pixel reserves the right to remove or reclaim any usernames at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to claims by a third party that a username violates the third party’s rights.
2. LICENSE LIMITATIONS
Any use of the Service in violation of these License Limitations is strictly prohibited, can result in the immediate revocation of your limited license and may subject you to liability for violations of law.
You agree to comply with the following requirements when you use any of Running Pixel’s Services:
- You will not engage in any act that Running Pixel deems to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of the Service or make improper use of Running Pixel’s support services.
- You will not use cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third-party software designed to modify or interfere with the Service, any Running Pixel’s game or any Running Pixel’s game experience or without Running Pixel’s express written consent, modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Service or any Running Pixel’s game.
- You will not exploit, distribute or publicly inform other users of any Running Pixel’s Service error, miscue or bug which provides for an unintended advantage or allows impersonation of another person, including by use of automated collection mechanisms such as clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), cookies, or similar technology.
- You will not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying software or other intellectual property used to provide the Service or any Running Pixel’s game, or to obtain any information from the Service or any Running Pixel’s game using any method not expressly permitted by Running Pixel.
- You will not disrupt, overburden, or aid or assist in the disruption or overburdening of any computer or server (“Server”) used to offer or support the Service or any Running Pixel’s game environment.
- You will not exploit differences in pricing for In-App Purchases or In-Service Content (e.g., through arbitrage) by sending altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information, including but not limited to, by use of a proxy or spoofed IP addresses or VPNs, or by requesting that someone else make In-App Purchases or purchase In-Service Content on your behalf in order to take advantage of a difference in pricing.
- You will not institute, assist, or become involved in any type of attack, including without limitation distribution of a virus, denial of service attacks upon the Service, or other attempts to disrupt the Service or any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Service.
- You will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, Accounts registered to others or to the computers, Servers, or networks connected to the Service by any means other than the user interface provided by Running Pixel, including but not limited to, by circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person to circumvent or modify, any security, technology, device, or software that is part of the Service.
- You will not post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable or offensive.
- You will not post any information that contains nudity, excessive violence, or offensive subject matter or that contains a link to such content.
- You will not harass, threaten or bully other players in any way, nor post or submit any abusive, threatening, bullying, harassing, obscene, defamatory, offensive, pornographic or illegal content, or content that infringes or violates the rights of someone else, or impersonate any other person.
- You will not make available through the Service any material or information that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right of privacy, right of publicity, or other right of any person or entity or impersonates any other person, including without limitation a Running Pixel’s employee.
- You will not attempt to obtain personal information from other users of the Service or any Running Pixel’s game or collect or post anyone’s private information, including personally identifiable information (whether in text, image or video form), identification documents, or financial information through the Service.
- You will not override or modify any security features or restrictions that Running Pixel implemented or may implement in any Service.
- You will not improperly use our support services, including by submitting false reports.
- You will not copy, modify or distribute content from Running Pixel’s Services except as specifically authorized by us.
- You will not advocate, promote, encourage, or otherwise facilitate any illegal behavior, including but not limited to the use of illegal drugs, unlawful gambling or theft.
- You will not use Running Pixel’s Services for any unauthorized commercial purpose, including but not limited to commercial advertisement or solicitation (such as chain letters, junk e-mail, “spam,” or other repetitive messages), or gathering or transferring In-Service Content for sale.
Running Pixel reserves the right to determine what conduct it considers to be in violation of the rules of use or otherwise outside the intent or spirit of these Terms of Service or the Service itself. Running Pixel reserves the right to take action as a result, which may include terminating your Account and prohibiting you from using the Service.
3. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION OF ACCOUNT AND SERVICE
- Without limiting any other remedies, Running Pixel may limit, suspend, terminate, modify, or delete accounts or access to Running Pixel’s Service or portions thereof if you are, or Running Pixel suspects that you are, failing to comply with any of these terms of Service or for any actual or suspected illegal or improper use of the service, with or without notice to you. You can lose your user name and persona as a result of account termination or limitation, as well as any benefits, privileges, earned items and purchased items associated with your use of the service, and Running Pixel is under no obligation to compensate you for any such losses or results.
- Without limiting our other remedies, Running Pixel may limit, suspend or terminate the Service and user accounts or portions thereof, prohibit access to our games and sites, and their content, services and tools, delay or remove hosted content, and take technical and legal steps to prevent users from accessing the Service if we believe that they are creating risk or possible legal liabilities, infringing the intellectual property rights of third parties, or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our terms or policies. Additionally, we may, in appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, suspend or terminate accounts of users who may be repeat infringers of third party intellectual property rights.
- Running Pixel reserves the right to terminate any account that has been inactive for 180 days.
- Running Pixel reserves the right to stop offering and/or supporting the Service or a particular game or part of the Service at any time, at which point your license to use the Service or a part thereof will be automatically terminated. In such event, Running Pixel shall not be required to provide refunds, benefits or other compensation to users in connection with such discontinued Services. Termination of your Account can include disabling your access to the Service or any part thereof including any content you submitted, or others submitted.
- You may terminate your Account at any time and for any reason by following the contacting our support page informing Running Pixel that you wish to terminate your Account.
Games and Service
All rights, title and interest in and to the Service (including without limitation any games, titles, computer code, themes, objects, characters, character names, stories, dialogue, catch phrases, concepts, artwork, animations, sounds, musical compositions, audio-visual effects, methods of operation, moral rights, documentation, in-game chat transcripts, character profile information, recordings of games played using a Running Pixel’s game client, and the Running Pixel game clients and server software) are owned by Running Pixel. Running Pixel reserves all rights, including without limitation, all intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights, in connection with its games and the Service.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, you acknowledge and agree that you shall have no ownership or other property interest in the account, and you further acknowledge and agree that all rights in and to the account are and shall forever be owned by and inure to the benefit of Running Pixel.
Running Pixel owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to use all of the content that appears in the Service or in Running Pixel’s games. Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary herein, you agree that you have no right or title in or to any content that appears in the Service, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in any Running Pixel’s game, whether earned in a game or purchased from Running Pixel, or any other attributes associated with an Account or stored on the Service.
5. USER CONTENT
- Running Pixel assumes no responsibility for the conduct of any user submitting any User Content and assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Service for inappropriate content or conduct. We do not, and cannot, pre-screen or monitor all User Content. Your use of the Service is at your own risk. By using the Service, you may be exposed to User Content that is offensive, indecent or otherwise not in line with your expectations. You bear all risks associated with the use of any User Content available in connection with the Service. At our discretion, our representatives or technology may monitor and/or record your interaction with the Service or communications (including without limitation chat text) when you are using the Service.
- By entering into these Terms of Service, you hereby provide your irrevocable consent to such monitoring and recording. You acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation of privacy concerning the transmission of any User Content, including without limitation chat text or voice communications.
- If at any time Running Pixel chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Service, Running Pixel nonetheless assumes no responsibility for User Content and assumes no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate User Content. We have the right, but not the obligation, in our sole discretion to edit, refuse to post, or remove any User Content.
The Service may include various forums, blogs and chat features where you can post User Content, including your observations and comments on designated topics. Running Pixel cannot guarantee that other members will not use the ideas and information that you share. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential and/or don’t want others to use, do not post it on the Service. Running Pixel shall have no responsibility to evaluate, use or compensate you for any ideas or information you may choose to submit.
You are solely responsible for the information that you post on, through or in connection with the Service and that you provide to others. Running Pixel may reject, refuse to post or delete any User Content for any or no reason, including, but not limited to, User Content that in the sole judgment of Running Pixel violates these Terms of Service.
You retain all right, title and interest to your User Content, except that you grant Running Pixel an irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, worldwide license (including the right to sublicense and assign to third party) and right to copy, reproduce, fix, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, manufacture, commercialize, publish, distribute, sell, license, sublicense, transfer, lease, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, or provide access to electronically, broadcast, communicate to the public by telecommunication, display, perform, enter into computer memory, and use and practice, in any way, your User Content as well as all modified and derivative works thereof in connection with our provision of the Service, including marketing and promotions of the Service. You also hereby grant to Running Pixel the right to authorize others to exercise any of the rights granted to Running Pixel under these Terms of Service. You further hereby grant to Running Pixel the unconditional, irrevocable right to use and exploit your name, likeness and any other information or material included in any User Content and in connection with any User Content, without any obligation to you. Except as prohibited by law, you waive any rights of attribution and/or any moral rights you may have in your User Content, regardless of whether your User Content is altered or changed in any manner. Running Pixel does not claim any ownership rights in your User Content and nothing in these Terms of Service is intended to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit your User Content. Running Pixel has no obligation to monitor or enforce your intellectual property rights in or to your User Content.
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Service and any other parties with whom you interact through the Service and/or Running Pixel’s games, Running Pixel reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with these disputes. You will fully cooperate with Running Pixel to investigate any suspected unlawful, fraudulent or improper activity, including, without limitation, granting Running Pixel access to any password-protected portions of your Account.
- If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
6. FEES AND PURCHASE TERMS
- In the Service you may use real world money to purchase a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to use virtual currency, including but not limited to virtual cash or gems, all for use in Running Pixel’s games. You may also purchase “virtual in-game items” and other goods or services. Purchased In-Service Content is subject to the payment terms and conditions of the mobile platforms (Apple iOS, Google Android OS) from which you make your purchase. Running Pixel does not control the process.
- Running Pixel may manage, regulate, control, modify or eliminate Virtual Items and/or Merchandise at any time, with or without notice. Running Pixel may also revise the pricing for the goods and services offered through the Service at any time. Running Pixel shall have no liability to you or any third party in the event that Running Pixel exercises any such rights.
- The transfer of Virtual Items and Merchandise is prohibited except where expressly authorized in the Service. Other than as expressly authorized in the Service, you shall not sell, redeem or otherwise transfer Virtual Items or Merchandise to any person or entity, including but not limited to Running Pixel, another user or any third party.
- The provision of In-Service Items for use in Running Pixel’s games commences immediately upon acceptance of your purchase by Running Pixel. You cannot cancel your order for the supply of Virtual Items or Merchandise if the delivery has started upon your request and acknowledgement that you thereby lose your cancellation right.
- All sales are final. You acknowledge that neither Running Pixel nor any mobile platform provider is required to provide a refund. You will not receive money or other compensations for unused in-service content when an account is closed. In case you do not receive an in-service item that you properly purchased whether such closure was voluntary or involuntary, you may request a refund directly from that platform provider subject to their refund policy.
7. MODIFICATION OF TERMS OF Service
- Running Pixel may require that you accept updates to the Service and to Running Pixel’s games you have installed on any platform. You may need to update third party software in order to receive the Service and play Running Pixel’s games.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
Without limiting Running Pixel’s liability under section 9 below, the service is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis for your use, without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, and those arising from course of dealing or usage of trade. Running Pixel does not warrant that you will be able to access or use the Service at the times or locations of your choosing; that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free; that defects will be corrected; or that the game or the Service are free of viruses or other harmful components.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- In no event will Running Pixel and its subsidiaries and affiliates be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or other similar damages, including but not limited to loss of revenues, lost profits, lost data or business interruption or other intangible losses, arising out of or relating in any way to these Terms of Service or the Service itself, whether based on contract, tort or any other Legal theory, and whether or not Running Pixel has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Running Pixel shall not be liable to you for more than the amount you have paid to Running Pixel in accordance with these Terms of Service in the six (6) months immediately preceding the date on which you first assert a claim. You acknowledge and agree that if you have not paid anything to Running Pixel during such time period, your sole remedy (and Running Pixel’s exclusive liability) for any dispute with Running Pixel is to stop using the Service and to cancel your account.
- Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for certain types of damages. Accordingly, some of the above disclaimers and limitations may not apply to you. To the extent that Running Pixel may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any warranty or limit its liability as set forth herein, the scope of such warranty and the extent of Running Pixel’s liability shall be the minimum permitted under such applicable law. In particular, nothing in these Terms of Service shall affect the statutory rights of any consumer or exclude or restrict any liability for death or personal injury arising from any negligence or fraud of Running Pixel.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Running Pixel harmless from any claim, demand, damages or other losses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, asserted by any third-party resulting from or arising out of your use of the Service, or any breach by you of these Terms of Service, however the foregoing does not apply if the infringement of rights is not attributable to your intentional or negligent behavior.
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
11. GENERAL PROVISIONS
Running Pixel may publish additional policies related to specific services such as forums, contests or loyalty programs. Your right to use such services is subject to those specific policies and these Terms of Service.
- Except as expressly and specifically set forth in this these Terms of Service, no representations, statements, consents, waivers, or other acts or omissions by Running Pixel shall be deemed a modification of these Terms of Service nor legally binding, unless documented in physical writing, hand signed by You and a duly appointed officer of Running Pixel.
- You acknowledge that the rights granted and obligations made under these Terms of Service to Running Pixel are of a unique and irreplaceable nature, the loss of which shall irreparably harm Running Pixel and which cannot be replaced by monetary damages alone so that Running Pixel shall be entitled to injunctive or other equitable relief (without the obligations of posting any bond or surety or proof of damages) in the event of any breach or anticipatory breach by you.
- You irrevocably waive all rights to seek injunctive or other equitable relief, or to enjoin or restrain the operation of the Service or any Running Pixel’s game, exploitation of any advertising or other materials issued in connection therewith, or exploitation of the Service or any content or other material used or displayed through the Service and agree to limit your claims to claims for monetary damages, limited by Section 7 (if any).
13. FORCE MAJEURE
Running Pixel shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside the reasonable control of Running Pixel, including without limitation any failure to perform hereunder due to unforeseen circumstances or cause beyond Running Pixel’s control such as acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes, or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
14. TRANSLATED VERSIONS
If we provide a translated version of these Terms of Service or any other terms or policy incorporated or referenced in these Terms of Service, it is for informational purposes only. If the translated version means something different than the English version, then the English meaning will be the one that applies.